[Debian-l10n-devel] DDTSS feature request - bug reporting facility

Martin Eberhard Schauer Martin.E.Schauer at gmx.de
Thu Aug 11 20:49:15 UTC 2011

                                     Hi,

today Grisu mentioned the DDTP future wiki page. As it is marked as
protected, I had to resort to this mail.

I would find it very convenient to report bugs from within the web
interface.

Some thoughts:
  * additional button: report bug
  * -> new window analogous to the existing one: editor windows for source
         code, message to maintainer, discussion on the report, choice
of severity
         (minor/typo, could be simplified/improved, word salad, policy
violation)
  * sending of messages to maintainer/l10n-english depending on severity
  * perhaps an error page in DDTSS with international review to reduce the
    possible workload on l10n-english for quality assurance
  * international review:
      -> users with an account get a team message or the interface
          gets a new field: error report/stats: number of (new) reports
to review
     -> a number of reviewers (perhaps dependent on the severity) from
          different language teams comment and vote (e. g. nitpicker,
doesn't
          hurt, better, ask l10n-english for help) have to approve or
reject the report

Cheers,
     Martin