[Debian-l10n-devel] po statistics

Hans Fredrik Nordhaug hansfn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 19:21:37 GMT 2023

søn. 19. nov. 2023 kl. 18:18 skrev Holger Wansing <hwansing at mailbox.org>:

> Hi,
>
> [cut]
>
> This is a page specific for translators, and the workflow in Debian is
> "translate from English to <your language>".
>
> So, we should expect that every person viewing this page is capable of
> reading/speaking English!
>
> Therefore, I propose to remove all translations of these pages! It is
> enough, if they are only existing in English.

 I guess you are correct.

There might be some value to get the translation stats for a specific
language in that language. Take Swedish as an  example:
https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/sv.sv.html might be useful,
but https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/sv.de.html is completely
useless.

I guess all the cross combinations of translated stat pages come for "free"
as part of the translation of the web pages in general, but I agree that it
is a waste of resources.

Regards, Hans (Norwegian)