[debian-lan-devel] Problems installing debian-lan_wheezy_20140302_amd64.iso

Boylan, Ross Ross.Boylan at ucsf.edu
Wed Feb 18 22:46:43 UTC 2015

More precisely, if I leave the debian-lan iso in the VM and boot I get the iso GRUB menu.  If I choose the default option of boot OS of the first partition of the first disk (which I assume was there so a reboot after installation would work) I get
error: invalid signature
press any key to continue

If I remove the virtual CD and boot, the system starts up.
I was a little thrown by the question about "Install the nfsroot for FAI now?".  I thought everything was already setup.  Second, this seems to refer to the shared NFS for the FAI installer, i.e., if I want to create more machines on my (v)lan.  But maybe it refers to the shared home directories for debian-lan?

I tried saying yes, but had network problems.  Thanks for your detailed information on that in a previous post; I need to dive into that and the virtual box options.  I'm running on Windows 7 so libvirt and kvm aren't options AFAIK, unless I wanted to run the inside a VM, which seems a bit much.

BTW, do you consider jessie stable enough for debain-lan?

Thanks.
Ross