[debian-lan-devel] More networking Q's

Boylan, Ross Ross.Boylan at ucsf.edu
Sat Feb 21 00:46:00 UTC 2015

Regarding 1) below, the mainserver logs show the client requesting 10.0.1.100 and the dhcp server acknowledging it.  /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf shows the range for unknown clients is 10.0.1.100 to 10.0.1.199, so everything seems OK there.

There are a lot of messages from named like
validating @0x7f5d...: com SOA: no valid signature found
or net SOA: verify failed due to bad signature
dumping master file /etc/bind/tmp-xxxx: open: permission denied

I'm growing more suspicious that my virtual lan may be using 10.0.0.1 for some purpose conflicting with the mainserver VM that I think is running at 10.0.0.1