[debian-lan-devel] status debian-lan stretch

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Wed Jan 25 08:17:45 UTC 2017

Hi, Andi,

Thanks for the updates.

على الثلاثاء 24 كانون الثاني 2017 ‫10:00، كتب Andreas B. Mundt:
> Hi,
>
> the latest debian-lan-config package has been accepted and will
> probably enter stretch.  Another update about known issues:
> [...]
>
> All in all, things look quite nice and seem to work.

That's great. Around the time I was testing my changes (from the
experimental branch), I had some issues getting the configuration of the
master branch to properly set up nodes, so I was more focused on the IP
address assigment and such.

Of course, this is unlikely for stretch, but I believe I resolved the
issues you had found while testing my patch. I'd like to test it again
now that Stretch is stabilizing, but do you think we can target this for
stretch-backports or stable-updates maybe?

Also, I think I know the answer to this, but is there a recommended
upgrade path to stretch for people who setup DebianLAN on jessie and
customized the configuration space? It seems to me like it will be a
matter of resolving a large merge conflict incorporating the changes.
I'd just like to make sure because I believe this situation is one where
having a package-based configuration system would be beneficial.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي