[debian-lan-devel] error when i run fai-setup

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Wed Dec 14 17:35:40 UTC 2011

Hi jiwa,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 01:12:17PM +0800, malem jiwa wrote:
> hi, my name is jiwa, i'm from indonesia, i'm new in using Debian and i'm trying to install DebianLAN on a PC in the lab. I got an error when i'm running the command "fai-setup -v" and get error. It's show some message like

[...]

> i follow the instruction in this site http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap and got those message while running the fai-setup
> i still don't understand the problem.
> I attach my fai-setup.log and make-fai-nfsroot.log with this e-mail
> I hope I can get some explenation and help.

I took a look at your log files.  It looks as if your mirror does not
provide packages needed.

Can you check that you use:

fai-mirror -v -c AMD64,DEFAULT,FAIBASE,FAISERVER,LOG_SERVER,PROXY,NTP_SERVER,DNS_SERVER,NFS_SERVER,LDAP_CLIENT,LDAP_SERVER,KERBEROS_CLIENT,KERBEROS_KDC,KDC_LDAP,SERVER_A /srv/debmirror/

to create the mirror?  In a first version of

   http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap

the class NFSROOT was listed in that command, which is false.  It has
been fixed in the wiki on 2011-12-04 12:19:46. May you have created
the mirror with the older, wrong version?

Please check and report if this failure is still an issue or if it
works as described in the wiki.

Best regards,

     Andi