[debian-lan-devel] CD image for Debian-LAN mainserver installation

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Sat Jan 7 22:40:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

after some experiments I am happy to report that it's pretty easy to
prepare a CD image (approx. 500M in size) for the Debian-LAN.  With
this image, the installation of the mainserver (Setup_A) should be
easy.  All other installations can be run from that machine.

I documented how to prepare the image in the Wiki at:

  <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/bootstrap>.

It would be great if someone could independently verify the
description.  It should be possible to use the CD image on an USB
stick too, but I did not test that.

We might think about providing the CD images (i386 and amd64) for
download somewhere.

Best regards,

     Andi