[Debian-med-packaging] Please upload NEW hhsuite

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Feb 22 21:17:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 04:30:14PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Laszlo,
>
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 04:25:47PM +0100, Laszlo Kajan wrote:
> > Ok, I've fixed the debian/copyright issue (I hope). Thanks for config-edit!
>
> I'll check out your changes this evening when I find the time.

I obviosely found time now and did the upload.  When doing so I noticed
some oth issue which might be worth considering:  There is a quite large
amount of arch all files inside the hhsuite deb.  Lintian can detect
this if the data are residing in /usr/share and I would actually
consider these files placed there more logically.  It would make sense
to split these files from the arch=any package to a separate arch=all
package named for instance hhsuite-data and make hhsuite depend from it.
The rationale is to save disk space and bandwidth for our mirrors.  This
should be considered for one of the future versions.

Moreover it might be that we need to work a bit in the tasks files which
are just mentioning hhsuite but there are some other binary packages
which might (or might not - I'm just asking the experts hereby) make sense
to be listed separately in the list of our packages (and as dependencies
in metapackages.

Any opinions?

Kind regards and thanks for preparing