[Debian-med-packaging] Please upload NEW hhsuite

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Feb 22 15:30:14 UTC 2012

Hi Laszlo,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 04:25:47PM +0100, Laszlo Kajan wrote:
> Ok, I've fixed the debian/copyright issue (I hope). Thanks for config-edit!

I'll check out your changes this evening when I find the time.

> Ok, thanks for this, I've moved the documentation into the patches.

Fine.

> >   3. debian/rules:
> >      - You tend to use .PHONY statements which is IMHO just not
> >        necessary (or do you have any evidence that something does
> >        not work as expected without these?)
>
> .PHONYs are a precaution I want and afford to take.

OK,  I just was curious.  Just stick to your precaution means.

> >   4. lintian -i -I:
> >      * I: hhsuite: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/hhfilter exceded exceeded
> >        ... you seem to have good contact to upstream
> >      * I: hhsuite source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field "priority" in package hhsuite-dbg
> >        ... just drop this extra information
> >      * I: hhsuite source: duplicate-short-description hhsuite hhsuite-dbg
> >        ... add something like "(debug package)" or so and similarly
> >        for the libraries.
> >

> Upstream is working on the spelling mistakes - I won't fix that.

Sure - I did not wanted you to patch spelling errors - just reporting to
upstream is fine.

> Priority is fixed now. I do not see the short description warning.

There is sometimes a difference in lintian.  It is a good idea to always
use lintian from unstable.  I'm doing so by:

 $ cat /etc/apt/preferences.d/01-linitan.pref
Package: lintian
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 605

Sometimes this makes a difference.