[Debian-med-packaging] [relion] branch master created (now d446b4a)

support at q-leap.de support at q-leap.de
Tue Oct 21 14:43:31 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

    Andreas> Hi Roland, On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 08:02:31PM +0200,
    Andreas> rf at q-leap.de wrote:
    >>
    >> OK, just recreated and for testing did a fresh pull from alioth
    >> with a subsequent git-build-package. Everything worked for
    >> me. Please try to upload again.

    Andreas> I was able to build the package but I think some things
    Andreas> need to be worked on.

    Andreas>   1. debian/README.source
    Andreas>      Please add such a file to describe the details how you
    Andreas>      obtained the source (no watch file, registration
    Andreas>      needed, upstream contacted)

added.

    Andreas>   2. debian/changelog
    Andreas>      The file looks a bit autogenerated.  Usually listing
    Andreas>      all the files is not the best idea.  It would be
    Andreas>      better to use
    Andreas>        Files: *
    Andreas>      for the majority of files and add some exceptions in
    Andreas>      separate paragraphs.  The rationale is that in future
    Andreas>      versions new files might be forgotten to add ... and
    Andreas>      the files is also more readable.

    Andreas>      Finally the file contains several FIXMEs - ftpmaster
    Andreas>      will reject this quite quickly

Fixed this to the best of my knowledge.

    Andreas>   3. Regarding the overriden hardening-no-relro: There is a
    Andreas>      good chance to injet @LDFLAGS@ in Makefile.am to
    Andreas>      really fix this rather than closing the eyes about
    Andreas>      this.  I would not see a real need for this before
    Andreas>      uploading - but I personally try to fix this in my
    Andreas>      packages.

Will leave this for later (added d/ToDo entry).

    Andreas>   4. In the *-dev packages the include files are ending up
    Andreas>      in
    Andreas>         /usr/include/include/relion-1.3
    Andreas>      I guess this is not intended.  I also have the
    Andreas>      impression that all the header files are duplicated in
    Andreas>      the *-dev packages.  Is this intended?

Fixed. Yes, it's intended/necessary to "duplicate" the header files, since the
contents of /usr/include/relion-1.3 actually depends on the configure
options used to build and hence is different in the 4 variants.

I pushed my changes with an overwritten Debian tag so please either
clone from scratch or do
$ git tag -d debian/1.3+dfsg-1
$ git fetch origin tag debian/1.3+dfsg-1
to get my updated tag after pulling.

Best,

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com
          --- HPC / Storage / Cloud Linux Cluster OS ---