[Debian-med-packaging] [relion] branch master created (now d446b4a)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Oct 18 06:29:09 UTC 2014

Hi Roland,

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 08:02:31PM +0200, rf at q-leap.de wrote:

> OK, just recreated and for testing did a fresh pull from alioth with a
> subsequent git-build-package. Everything worked for me. Please try to
> upload again.

I was able to build the package but I think some things need to be
worked on.

  1. debian/README.source
     Please add such a file to describe the details how you obtained the
     source (no watch file, registration needed, upstream contacted)

  2. debian/changelog
     The file looks a bit autogenerated.  Usually listing all the files
     is not the best idea.  It would be better to use
       Files: *
     for the majority of files and add some exceptions in separate
     paragraphs.  The rationale is that in future versions new files
     might be forgotten to add ... and the files is also more readable.

     Finally the file contains several FIXMEs - ftpmaster will reject
     this quite quickly

  3. Regarding the overriden hardening-no-relro: There is a good chance
     to injet @LDFLAGS@ in Makefile.am to really fix this rather than
     closing the eyes about this.  I would not see a real need for this
     before uploading - but I personally try to fix this in my packages.

  4. In the *-dev packages the include files are ending up in
        /usr/include/include/relion-1.3
     I guess this is not intended.  I also have the impression that
     all the header files are duplicated in the *-dev packages.  Is
     this intended?

Kind regards