[Debian-olpc-devel] Anyone working on packaging sugar-turtleart-activity

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Mar 30 19:54:19 UTC 2009

[Walter Bender]
> A couple of comments re Turtle Art:
>
> * I've only just begun work on making it run stand-alone from Sugar.
> I'll continue to refine things over the next week or two. The only
> version that will work at all right now is v46. I have pushed a few
> additional patches since that release, but it is the last one that I
> have packaged as an xo bundle and tar ball.

How do I run it?  I've made a debian package, but do not remember how
to start the standalone version.

When I try to install my first draft package of version 46, I get this
message:

Compiling /usr/share/sugar/activities/TurtleArt.activity/tamyblock.py ...
Sorry: IndentationError: ('expected an indented block', ('/usr/share/sugar/activities/TurtleArt.activity/tamyblock.py', 50, 612, '"""\n    # draw a dotted line of length x\n\n    # make sure x is a number\n    if type(x) != int and type(x) != float:\n        return\n    dist = 0\n    # save current turtle pen state\n    pen = lc.tw.turtle.pendown\n    # repeat drawing dots\n    while dist+lc.tw.turtle.pensize < x:\n        setpen(lc.tw.turtle, True)\n        forward(lc.tw.turtle, 1)\n        setpen(lc.tw.turtle, False)\n        forward(lc.tw.turtle, (lc.tw.turtle.pensize*2)-1)\n        dist += (lc.tw.turtle.pensize*2)\n    # make sure we have moved exactly x\n    forward(lc.tw.turtle, x-dist)\n    # restore pen state\n    setpen(lc.tw.turtle, pen)\n"""\n'))
pycentral: pycentral pkginstall: error byte-compiling files (75)

The """-style of disabling code blocks do not seem to work with the
version of python I got in my sid chroot.  What version of python are
you using?  I seem to be using version 2.5.4-2.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen