[Debian-olpc-devel] python-xklavier -- Python bindings for libxklavier

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Apr 17 23:44:34 UTC 2010

I have now released the package.

The packaging completely failed to build at first, indicating that you
also didn't actually try that recently: python-autotools builds for all
available Python variants using recently implemented multiflavor support
in CDBS, which in turn requires DEB_BUILDDIR explicitly set (as subdirs
of that is used for each flavor build, and if using srcdir as builddir
then those subdirs might exist already and lead to all sorts of
problems).

Also, you explicitly declared a package dependency on libxklavier15 in
addition to the auto-resolved shlibs dependency which would create a
dependency on the newer libxklavier16 - it is highly unlikely that both
would be available at runtime, causing the package to be uninstallable.

I fixed those and did some other improvements, including adding a
pristine-tar branch and re-adding upstream source to fill that.

Hope it is ok woth you that I these myself.  Have a look at the git log
and ask if any of the changes does not make sense to you, or if you
can't figure out how I did them.

Also, if you did compile and succeeded doing so, then you are not using
up-to-date Debian unstable.  When preparing packages for official Debian
use you really should be an unstable system as development platform.
Either by using that platform yourself or (preferrably) using a chroot.

Tell me if you need help setup a chroot.  I have some scripts that eases
bootstrapping that, but they might not be fully self-explanatory...

Kind regards,

  - Jonas