New r-cran-* packages

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon May 18 08:30:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, 16 May 2009, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> You are currently one or more releases behind on

Thanks for the information - I probably have to update my QA settings to
recieve uscan information.

>    r-cran-colorspace

I would like to take this occurance to discuss the policy of updating
packages in cases like this:

   Changes in Version 1.0-1

   o "Escaping RGBland" paper is now published Computational
     Statistics & Data Analysis as doi:10.1016/j.csda.2008.11.033.
     Citation and references updated accordingly.

I wonder whether this change of documentation in a package rectifies
spending Debian resources on an update.  It is not that I would like
to refuse working on this.  I just wonder whether we should do an
upgrade in *any* case or just do it with a grain of salt after evaluating
the sense of an upgrade.

Note: I would like discuss this as a matter of principle, the updated package
itself was just uploaded because it deserved some other changes.

>    r-cran-plotrix

Done.

>    r-cran-sp

Done.

>    r-cran-cvd

s/cvd/vcd/
Done.

>    r-cran-xtable

Done.

> Given you quick it is to update these, could someone please step up and do
> it?

Yes.  ;-)

Thanks for the reminder

     Andreas.