[Debian-sponsors-discuss] What are we doing and what more can we do to reward companies and individuals that are supporting Debian?

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Sat Jun 1 19:44:19 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 04:53:40PM -0400, Brian Gupta wrote:
> - Currently: DebConf sponsorship level rewards (recognition) (bgupta)
> - Proposed: Discounted or free tickets to Debian events (bgupta)
> - Proposed: Discounted event sponsorships (bgupta)

Currently: partners initiative http://www.debian.org/partners/
  It's something which is not really up-to-date (nor maintained, I
  *think*, but I haven't investigated thoroughly with the respective
  team). But it was a step in the right direction that should be kept in
  the loop of future evolutions.

Proposed: mimicking http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/

Proposed: allow individual donors to decide their privacy settings
  Rationale: currently we do not show any name of donors at all, because
  not having a way to ask them about privacy, we need to be
  conservative.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .