[xml/sgml] xerces packages upload request: packages ready

Jay Berkenbilt ejb@ql.org
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:51:49 -0400

Synopsis:

gpg --recv-key D688E0A7
wget http://q.ql.org/xerces-alioth.tar
wget http://q.ql.org/xerces-alioth.tar.asc
gpg --verify xerces-alioth.tar.asc
tar xvf xerces-alioth.tar
cd xerces-alioth
for i in *.changes; do debsign $i; done

trust or rebuild by binary .deb files as needed
upload packages

---------------------

I've now run svn-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot --svn-tag, discarded
the resulting binary packages, and used the resulting source packages
to rebuild the binary packages under pbuilder.  I have not yet checked
in the changelogs as modified by svn-buildpackage.  I'll do that as
soon as someone uploads the packages.  I realize that this is more
steps than absolutely required, but I wanted to make sure that
everything was in working order.

I have not signed the files in the above tar file because I am not a
Debian developer and it seems that the packages have to be signed by
the uploader.  In lieu of signing the individual changes and dsc
files, I have signed the above tar file so you can still verify
authenticity.  Since my key has been signed by a few developers, you
should all have a valid trust path to my key.

If no one has uploaded these by Tuesday of next week, and no one has
told me not to do this, I will seek out an alternative person to
upload them.  I'll first go to the Xalan maintainer who had made this
offer earlier, and then to the person who sponsored my earlier NMU on
xerces23 and libxml-xerces-perl.

Please let me know if you think anything about what I've done up to
this point or how I'm handling this is out of line.  To be clear, my
primary goal is to get these packages uploaded with as little effort
on everyone else's part as required, and my secondary goal is to
establish that I would be a good addition to Debian as a developer in
hopes that someone will agree to act as advocate enabling me to submit
my membership application.  (I'd be happy to provide additional
biographical information or a list of other debian-related things I've
done to anyone who would consider helping me in this way.)

Thanks in advance!

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/