[Debichem-devel] RFS: gelemental and pyelemental

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 29 15:45:32 UTC 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 16:26:25 you wrote:

> If you agree to put this into the debichem project, we could solve these
> things together. In this case, just contact me offline or join #debichem
> at freenode.org.

Hi and thanks for your interest; I'll be more than happy if you want to
include this in debichem, I'll join the channel later tonight so we can
discuss about it (my nickname is norsetto).

> My comments are mostly about using dh_install/dh_move instead of your
> install/move stuff in debian/rules.

Yes, I wasn't too happy myself about it, but since upstream is using a
versioned directory my alternative was to hardcode it in an .install, which,
even if wildcarded, I wasn't too happy about either.
The other alternative was to patch the upstream Makefile.
Of course, if Kevin wants to correct it upstream than the best is to do it via
dh_install.
In preparation for that I can move all that to appropriate .install files and
for the time being just hardcode the required path.

> debian/copyright should be more  specific, in which file the data set
> is you refer to.

Ok, will do that.

> The chosen name of   the application is gElemental, not Gelemental (yes,
> this could be a difference: e.g. JMol vs. Jmol) - see debian/menu.

OK, I will check all occurences and please let me know if I forget any.

Cheers,

Cesare