[Debichem-devel] [Debichem-commits] [debichem] r5337 - in experimental: . cclib/debian

Karol M. Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:26:08 UTC 2014

On Nov 06 2014, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Montag, den 03.11.2014, 12:52 -0500 schrieb Karol M. Langner:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Python 2.7 is still OK for cclib, we (the devs) are not aware of any issues.
>
> Hi Karol,
>
> I'd like to point you to
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=733737 and your
> response for the reasons behind this move.
>
> > Also, we just released v1.3 on Friday, which is well tested and a big step forward,
> > so is there a chance that would make it in before the freeze? I am willing to
> > help if needed.
>
> I do think, that an update of cclib - AFAIK atm only used with gausssian
> - is unimportant before the freeze as long as we are not going to update
> gausssian too and IIRC we decided (related to Python 3 but for some
> reason I currently cannot remember exactly the rationale) to not do this
> before the Jessie release.
>
> HTH and regards, Daniel

That's OK. I wasn't pressing on updating before the freeze, just thought
there was still time (I'm not following Debian news closely these days).

FTR I will repeat that we have continued to support python2.7 and we are
running our test suite against both 2.7 and 3.2.

Best,
Karol

--
written by Karol M. Langner