[Debichem-devel] chemps2 v1.6

Sebastian Wouters sebastianwouters at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:41:23 UTC 2015

Hi Graham,

> As you have it is correct.  I wouldn't upload a new release just for
> that change, so it can stay in git until there are more changes for
> 1.6-2, or until 1.7-1 comes along.

That's ok with me. Lintian also doesn't complain on the ddpo website
apparently. And people who install the executable will have the manpage, so
that is all fine. I guess it's more aesthetics than anything else :-).

> Do you want me to push 1.6-1 through to Ubuntu for Wily?  They
> currently have 1.5-2 and won't automatically pull a new release
> because their Debian Import Freeze has passed [1].

That would be super! Mainly because using an executable is still easier
than dealing with the library, either in python or in c++. It significantly
lowers the barrier for users.

Thank you for all your help!

Best wishes,
Seb