[Debichem-devel] Git migration on February 4th 2018

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Feb 5 19:15:12 UTC 2018

Hi Dabiel,

thanks for your work on the SVN to Git migration.

On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 10:56:04PM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Created but not uploaded have been avogadro and rdkit:
> https://people.debian.org/~dleidert/debichem/
> For these packages the Git repositories currently on git.d.o have been
> created with git-svn, dropping branches/history and all tags. Whereas
> the latter can be fixed by manually adding them, I wonder, if we should
> import the repositories created by svn-all-fast-export to
> salsa.debian.org and then import the changes Adreas did to these
> packages by simply importing the .dsc file with git-buildpackage. And
> then remove their repositories on git.debian.org.

I'm fine with throwing away my SVN -> Git migration may be some
   git format-patch  ->  git am
might be the easiest way to import latest changes (but droping full
history and doing a single commit might be fine as well.

The only repository where some care might be needed is avogadro where
I've created a qt5 branch with an *unfinished* Qt5 porting attempt.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de