[Debtags-devel] Proposed Debtags goals for Etch

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Mon Jul 18 18:26:32 UTC 2005

Hello,

> > We have work-with::plain-text and ::textdocument. Btw. what about this
> > distinction? It seems a little bit fuzzy to me. But perhaps it was only
> > the description which confused me. However nothing better comes to my
> > mind.
>
> Textdocument covers all the formats that display as text but contain
> more than just flat strings of characters - .rtf, .html, .doc... The
> format:: facet is more specific but doesn't cover man and info,
> which I'd use on things like info2man, exim4-doc-info and manedit.
Currenlty the man and info are tagged with works-with::textdocument and
in my opinion this is a fine enough distinction.

> > Btw. we should really get rid of
> > the rasterimage tag! This is a really nasty technical term.
>
> Agreed, though we need to keep the raster/vector distinction.
> Jargon tagnames are acceptable if search frontends show the
> description, but then again we could do that the other way round:
>
> Tag: works-with::figure
> Tag: works-with::graphics
I would suggest
        Tag: works-with::images
        Tag: works-with::vector-graphic
because I consider graphic to be a more technical term.

> > And please rename langdevel::environment to langdevel::ide!
>
> (That's devel::ide, yes?)
Yeah, sorry. I didn't checked this when writing...

Greetings Ben