[Debtags-devel] Two new tags?

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:27:29 UTC 2005

Hi,
> "apt-cache pkgnames | grep ^zsh | wc -l" = 8.  If the criterion is
> simply being a set of five or more packages, it's a suite.  If there

No, I said that if it's a suite of more than 5 packages we should add a tag!

> Openoffice and xfce already are suites, the gnome and kde office
> suites are subsets of the existing suite::gnome and ::kde, and the

There is nothing wrong with being a subset. you might want to run
gnome-office on a KDE system, too. Or koffice on Gnome.

> others don't exist - or anyway, "apt-cache pkgnames | grep ^$FOO"
> gets me no hits for stable/main.  (Ah, wait, a wave of "^eclipse-"
> packages has just reached my testing box!)

LAMP* is an abbreviation, so you of course won't find it with
pkgnames. But I can assure you that linux, apache, mysql,
perl/php/python have been a part of Debian for a long time...

In fact I remember a discussion about adding metapackages for these
suites, since they are very popular for webdevelopment.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\