just a curious about architecture

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Thu May 29 06:00:55 UTC 2008

On 5/28/08, vasaka <vasaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> who is the tracker for deb torrents - I could not find such an info, and
> found nothing in config files, so I do not understand how peers find each
> other.

The default tracker is at http://dttracker.debian.net:6969/ which I run.

There is a config option to set the tracker, which could be used if a
distribution wanted to use its own tracker.

> are peers chosen same mirror more likely to connect each other, than in case
> of different mirrors?

No, unless the mirrors are out of date (which they can be). Peers
downloading from the same suite (stable/unstable/etc) and architecture
(i386/amd64/etc) should all be able to connect to each other. In
addition, if they're using the experimental 0.1.6 version, they should
be able to connect even if the mirror is out of date, and also to
download the arch:all packages even if they're using different archs.

>  is there any mechanism to force connection to peers in local network?

No.

Cameron