[Decaf-devel] Copy-on-Write-to-Discard Homedirs

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Dec 13 19:53:09 CET 2006

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 13.12.2006, 18:30 +0000 schrieb Luis Matos:
> > > i want to propose you to add the debian dirs of every package to svn and
> > > rearrange the decaf-schema to decaf-schema.sql and don't make the file
> > > to be a pgsql dump because doing that you keep us away from the changes.
> > Hmm. What other format should it be?
>
> We should do it by hand. and then create the db ... not the opposite,
> change the db and then dump it.
>
> i'll change it and send it to you.

Ok, Thanks.

> > > with the debian dirs in svn we can work in some configuration in the
> > > package. some decaf.pam do add to /etc/pam/pam.d/ .
> > All packages have their debian dirs in SVN now (I had forgotten the one
> > for cashier, but added that this afternoon).
> >
> > What should the decaf.pam file do? Are you suggesting that it can be
> > included in a similar way as pam_mount does it with
> > the /etc/pam.d/common-pammount file?
> >
> yes. i think it is possible.

I’m not sure if that is needed. The pam module should only be active if
activated by the administrator, to prevent accidental problems, and then
it is enough to have the README. It might be interesting, though, for
the long term goal of a dedicated distribution, so I’ll keep that in
mind.

Greetings,
Joachim
--