[Decaf-devel] Merging pam module, killd and status packages?

Fanen Ahua afanen01 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 11:14:00 CET 2006

i tried it just now and it installed successfully. i just upgraded
packages on my system to sync with latest etch.

should i use postgres 7.4 or 8.1? cos i haven't been able to run
decaf-cashier it fails to connecto to the db server.. here's my hba_conf

been digging thru pgdocs without success.

# PostgreSQL Client Authentication Configuration File
# ===================================================
#
# Refer to the PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide, chapter "Client
# Authentication" for a complete description.  A short synopsis
# follows.
#
# This file controls: which hosts are allowed to connect, how clients
# are authenticated, which PostgreSQL user names they can use, which
# databases they can access.  Records take one of seven forms:
#
# local      DATABASE  USER  METHOD  [OPTION]
# host       DATABASE  USER  IP-ADDRESS  IP-MASK   METHOD  [OPTION]
# hostssl    DATABASE  USER  IP-ADDRESS  IP-MASK   METHOD  [OPTION]
# hostnossl  DATABASE  USER  IP-ADDRESS  IP-MASK   METHOD  [OPTION]
# host       DATABASE  USER  IP-ADDRESS/CIDR-MASK  METHOD  [OPTION]
# hostssl    DATABASE  USER  IP-ADDRESS/CIDR-MASK  METHOD  [OPTION]
# hostnossl  DATABASE  USER  IP-ADDRESS/CIDR-MASK  METHOD  [OPTION]
#
# (The uppercase quantities should be replaced by actual values.)
# The first field is the connection type: "local" is a Unix-domain
socket,
# "host" is either a plain or SSL-encrypted TCP/IP socket, "hostssl" is
an
# SSL-encrypted TCP/IP socket, and "hostnossl" is a plain TCP/IP socket.
# DATABASE can be "all", "sameuser", "samegroup", a database name (or
# a comma-separated list thereof), or a file name prefixed with "@".
# USER can be "all", an actual user name or a group name prefixed with
# "+" or a list containing either.  IP-ADDRESS and IP-MASK specify the
# set of hosts the record matches.  CIDR-MASK is an integer between 0
# and 32 (IPv4) or 128 (IPv6) inclusive, that specifies the number of
# significant bits in the mask, so an IPv4 CIDR-MASK of 8 is equivalent
# to an IP-MASK of 255.0.0.0, and an IPv6 CIDR-MASK of 64 is equivalent
# to an IP-MASK of ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff::. METHOD can be "trust",
"reject",
# "md5", "crypt", "password", "krb4", "krb5", "ident", or "pam".  Note
# that "password" uses clear-text passwords; "md5" is preferred for
# encrypted passwords.  OPTION is the ident map or the name of the PAM
# service.
#
# This file is read on server startup and when the postmaster receives
# a SIGHUP signal.  If you edit the file on a running system, you have
# to SIGHUP the postmaster for the changes to take effect, or use
# "pg_ctl reload".

# Put your actual configuration here
# ----------------------------------
#
# CAUTION: The default configuration allows any local user to connect
# using any PostgreSQL user name, including the superuser, over either
# Unix-domain sockets or TCP/IP.  If you are on a multiple-user
# machine, the default configuration is probably too liberal for you.
# Change it to use something other than "trust" authentication.
#
# If you want to allow non-local connections, you need to add more
# "host" records.  Also, remember TCP/IP connections are only enabled
# if you enable "tcpip_socket" in postgresql.conf.

# DO NOT DISABLE!
# If you change this first entry you will need to make sure that the
# database
# super user can access the database using some other method.
# Noninteractive
# access to all databases is required during automatic maintenance
# (autovacuum, daily cronjob, replication, and similar tasks).
#
# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local   all         postgres                          ident sameuser

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK
METHOD
local   all         all         127.0.0.1
ident sameuser
local   all         all                                            ident
sameuser
# IPv4-style local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255
ident sameuser
host    all         all                 255.255.255.255   ident sameuser
# IPv6-style local connections:
host    all         all         ::1
ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff        md5