[Decaf-devel] New test release 0.1.4

Luis Matos gass at otiliamatos.ath.cx
Fri Dec 22 00:49:39 CET 2006

Qui, 2006-12-21 às 22:07 +0000, Joachim Breitner escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 21.12.2006, 21:38 +0000 schrieb Luis Matos:
> > >   * cashier uses ~/.decaf.conf (so /etc/decaf.conf can be mode 600)
> >
> > why did you did this?
> >
> > maybe it's good to have a /etc/decaf.conf with a group decaf so that we
> > can use to set permissions to the cashier users ... got it?
>
> That might be possible. But I imagine that the usual setup will be:
>  * One server, running decaf-db
>  * One front desk computer, running decaf-cashier
>  * A lot of workstations, running decaf-workstation

> Note that it will get messy if decaf-cashier needs a file that is owned
> by decaf-workstation, if we it does not depend on that, which we don’t
> want. It could try both locations though. Until then, a simple
> cp /etc/decaf.conf ~/.decaf.conf solves the issue.

maybe a /etc/decaf/

with
decaf-workstation
decaf-db
decaf-cashier

my problem is only one: special files in user's home. There is no need
and is bad.

if we have a /etc/decaf
we can have decaf-user (user & group for workstation) and a
decaf-cashier group for decaf-cashier, owning
the /etc/decaf/decaf-cashier.conf .

--
Best Regards,