mk-origtargz (Was: Problem with *.zip archives)

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Wed Apr 30 20:52:15 UTC 2014

Hi Joachim,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 05:50:39PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Andreas: Minor change: Downloaded zipfiles are not deleted unless you
> specify "--rename". I find this more consistent to how downloaded
> unrepackaged tarfiles are left around unless you use "--rename".

Well, I can survive with this - finally its a matter of taste.

I did some tests in the last weeks.  Today I realised that the main
source dir is missing the appendinx "+dfsg" which is as far as I know
good packaging practice and was implemented in my original patch.  May
be this should be implemented again.

Regarding origtargz:  I admit I have not understood how to use this.
Could you perhaps add an example in the end of the manpage?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de