Excluded-Files feature reimplemented

James McCoy jamessan at debian.org
Mon Mar 17 02:29:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 01:56:12PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I took the liberty to implement the file excluding via "tar --delete"
> instead of unpacking and repacking. The motivation is to get identical
> results in several runs (Dpkg::Compression already calls gzip with -n,
> and "tar --delete" seems to be deterministic.)

Thanks!  I had started looking into something like this (although using
Archive::Tar), but hadn't had time to finish.

> Could someone have a look and, if ok, merge it? Feel free to remove the
> branch afterwards.

Other than dropping the call to get_main_source_dir, it looks good.
The effect of get_main_source_dir can probably be handled similar to the
way the files are being removed from the tarball now.

Also, zip appears to support the same type of functionality required to
do the file exclusion on the archive directly.  Given that
Files-Excluded implies a repack, bailing out when the source archive is
a zip isn't desired.

Cheers,
--
James