Excluded-Files feature reimplemented

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Mon Mar 17 22:38:15 UTC 2014

[Please CC me on replies, thanks.]

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 16.03.2014, 22:29 -0400 schrieb James McCoy:
>  Could someone have a look and, if ok, merge it? Feel free to remove the
> > branch afterwards.
>
> Other than dropping the call to get_main_source_dir, it looks good.
> The effect of get_main_source_dir can probably be handled similar to the
> way the files are being removed from the tarball now.

That was an oversight; I relied too much on the test suite to tell me if
I’m doing something wrong.

What exactly is the purpose of this call? It seems it is trying to
change the directory structure of the tarball – in the code that is
triggered by excluding files. As a user I’d be very surprised if adding
some Excluded-Files list to debian/copyright does more than just
precisely that. In particular, I’d not expect it to change the
compression scheme, file format or directory structure.

Is there some documentation or design available?

> Also, zip appears to support the same type of functionality required to
> do the file exclusion on the archive directly.  Given that
> Files-Excluded implies a repack, bailing out when the source archive is
> a zip isn't desired.

Ok, implemented and pused zip file support analogously to .tar.gz
support, i.e. read list of files in the archive, match them in uscan,
and then remove them with zip -d.

Greetings,
Joachim

--