Processed: debuild clean does not apply patches; would be nice to have new dpkg-buildpackage option needed

Debian Bug Tracking System owner at bugs.debian.org
Sun Jan 31 00:51:16 UTC 2016

Processing commands for control at bugs.debian.org:

> clone 769520 -1
Bug #769520 [dpkg-dev] dpkg-dev: debuild clean fails to first apply patches to source in quilt 3.0 format
Bug 769520 cloned as bug 813268
> reassign -1 devscripts 2.15.10
Bug #813268 [dpkg-dev] dpkg-dev: debuild clean fails to first apply patches to source in quilt 3.0 format
Bug reassigned from package 'dpkg-dev' to 'devscripts'.
No longer marked as found in versions dpkg/1.17.21.
Ignoring request to alter fixed versions of bug #813268 to the same values previously set
Bug #813268 [devscripts] dpkg-dev: debuild clean fails to first apply patches to source in quilt 3.0 format
Marked as found in versions devscripts/2.15.10.
Changed Bug submitter to 'Robert Luberda <robert at debian.org>' from 'Faheem Mitha <faheem at faheem.info>'
> block -1 by 769520
Bug #813268 [devscripts] dpkg-dev: debuild clean fails to first apply patches to source in quilt 3.0 format
813268 was not blocked by any bugs.
813268 was not blocking any bugs.
Added blocking bug(s) of 813268: 769520
> retitle 769520 dpkg-buildpackage lacks an option to run `debian/rules clean' only, after applying patches to source in quilt 3.0 format
Bug #769520 [dpkg-dev] dpkg-dev: debuild clean fails to first apply patches to source in quilt 3.0 format
Changed Bug title to 'dpkg-buildpackage lacks an option to run `debian/rules clean' only, after applying patches to source in quilt 3.0 format' from 'dpkg-dev: debuild clean fails to first apply patches to source in quilt 3.0 format'
> thanks
Stopping processing here.

769520: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=769520
813268: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=813268