[Dict-common-dev] Experimental support for pwli files

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:06:56 +0200

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> I just implemented the automatic generation of pwli files in
> installdeb-ispell.  The patch to the debian/control and
> scripts/debhelper/installdeb.in is attached below for your appreciation.

Wonderful, thanks

> The dictionaries-common-dev package has now a dependency on libpspell4,
> because installdeb-ispell calls the pspell-config script.  (BTW, a much
> better place for this script would be the libspell-dev package, and not the
> versioned library package.)

I also have to add a conflicts with pspell-ispell lower than that in
unstable. Otherwise the old pwli creation script will remove pwli
entries and will not regenerate them for ispell dicts not having an
entry in make-ispell-pwli. This means I will also upload to the staging
area the pspell-ispell debs from unstable, so people running woody can
check this system.

 > (BTW, a much better place for this script would be the libspell-dev
 > package, and not the versioned library package.)

Domenico, what do you think?

> I also uploaded a modified ibrazilian package to the staging.  I just added
> the line:
>
>     Pspell-Ispell: pt-brazilian iso8859-1
>
> to the debian/info-ispell file.  After installation, I have:
>
>     $ cat /usr/share/pspell/pt-brazilian-ispell.pwli
>     /usr/lib/ispell/brasileiro.hash iso8859-1
>
> Please, check my changes.  This has been a 30 minutes quick hack, and I am
> sure that there are bugs and room for improvement.

I have tested them for the hungarian dict and everything works like a
charm. It looks O.K.. The only posssible change I see is putting it
under 'slice' control, so it is ignored for installdeb-wordlist.

I have modified the policy document in my local copy to take care of
the pspell-ispell stuff. I will commit all that this afternoon. I think the
pspell-ispell adition deserves bumping the version to 0.6.0.

I have nearly ready packages for swedish and hungarian that will be
uploaded
soon. Once they are uploaded and all other ispell dicts are rebuilt for
pspell-ispell compatibility we will have ports for all dicts in unstable to
the new system. I do not know when I will have time to write a draft for a
new circular to IDWP maintainers, may be tomorrow, and surely not today.

Cheers,

Agustin

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html