[Fingerforce-devel] FVS Testing

madhav kulkarni mpk_india at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 11:06:14 UTC 2008

Hi Radek,

Topic 1:
Last week i have started with fingerforce svn code. I have tried building it but seems some segmentation fault in matching code. I will try to debug it where the problem is. Anyway how is your work going on. I have written some matlab code for ridge reconnection, it will improve existing gabor filtering and enhance the fvs code. I also have plans to write the code to improve the gabor. According my study it is observed that, the gabor currupts the enhancement of fingerprint image around core. The core is the area where ridges are concentrated gabor is somewhat currupting it. So I think to identify the core and mark the 32x32 pixel block around core and zoom that part to 64x64 and then apply gabor. I hope this will improve gabor much more that what we have now.

Please tell me your observation and view on this.

Topic 2:

I am trying to test the upgradation done by you.

I am testing with following script:

/home/mkulkarni/MyProjects/fingerforce/fingerforce/packages/fvs/trunk/demos

#!/bin/bash
gcc capture.c -o capture

OPTIONS="Enroll Match Quit"
select opt in $OPTIONS; do
    if [ "$opt" = "Quit" ]; then
    echo done
    exit
    elif [ "$opt" = "Enroll" ]; then
    echo Please, Enter Your First Name
    read NAME
    echo Enrollment Name is" $NAME !"
    ./capture --numframes 5  $NAME.bmp
    convert $NAME.bmp $NAME.jpg
    ./fvs_minutia $NAME.bmp $NAME.bin
    elif [ "$opt" = "Match" ]; then
    ./capture --numframes 5  Match.bmp
    convert Match.bmp Match.jpg
    ./fvs_minutia Match.bmp Match.bin
    ./fvs_match Match.bin $NAME.bin
    else
    clear
    echo bad option
    fi
done

Note that ./capture is my mb200 fingerprint sensor capture application.

I am getting no match everytime, I think older code was doing good. Can you tell me is my testing procedure alright, what is the right test procedure I should follow to check your enhancement.

Regards,
Madhav Kulkarni