[Fingerforce-devel] FVS Testing

Radek Bartoň xbarto33 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz
Tue Jan 29 15:37:03 UTC 2008

Hi Madhav.

Dne Tuesday 29 of January 2008 12:06:14 madhav kulkarni napsal(a):
> Hi Radek,
>
> Topic 1:
> Last week i have started with fingerforce svn code. I have tried building
> it but seems some segmentation fault in matching code.

Which matching code: MatchingMatchMinutiaSets or MatchingCompareMinutiaSets
resp. MatchingCompareMinutiaSetsLS?

> I have written
> some matlab code for ridge reconnection, it will improve existing gabor
> filtering and enhance the fvs code. I also have plans to write the code to
> improve the gabor. According my study it is observed that, the gabor
> currupts the enhancement of fingerprint image around core. The core is the
> area where ridges are concentrated gabor is somewhat currupting it. So I
> think to identify the core and mark the 32x32 pixel block around core and
> zoom that part to 64x64 and then apply gabor. I hope this will improve
> gabor much more that what we have now.

Sorry, I didn't play with minutia extraction parts  at all. I just noticed
that extracted fingerprint mask is quite odd. Due to this incorrect mask
there are extracted false minutia mostly on fingerprint borders. There could
be used some texture-based image segmentation algorithms (or maybe using
information from gabor filter) to create better mask.

Basically, I need to focus on my Master Thesis following months so I see it
that I could return to FVS during summer holidays. Until then I would do
anything only if it would be urgent (documentation, debug, etc.). Tell me if
you need something?

> Topic 2:
>
> I am getting no match everytime, I think older code was doing good. Can you
> tell me is my testing procedure alright, what is the right test procedure I
> should follow to check your enhancement.

This procedure should be good, I wasn't changing internals of used tools just
unified/cleared their code. So they should behave same as before unless there
is some typo but I would notice that when I was using them.