[Freedombox-discuss] Working Groups

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 08:27:33 UTC 2011

> Nobody else seems to be wanting Etherpad,
there was a couple of people who expressed for it, at least.

>Since the consensus is against it, would you please drop it?

i'v seen only you - finally - against.

> would you please drop it?
no problem, i'm not their PR.

Just - i have used it and i have used
mailing for these freedom systems development
and i found lists even with better front-ends,
increasingly annoying.

Looking into this double posting; absence of meaningful
tagging and search in this mailing list that have leaded (among other)
to the current situation:
 i can insist - mailing list is like IRC:

i just can't see any advantage, and
i can point quite a few - very large problems with it.

To explain my, maybe personal (?) "problem" - i'm, very much -
dislike the closed proprietary systems,
but, also - don't like the stand-alone mail clients,
and the only - so-so system i can use with these
mailing lists - is GMail and it's Search :(

> Etherpad is a web-based, browser-based web appfor those of us who
> aren't online all the time.

it's for both, i have a facts :)

> Many of the "freedom fighter" type of
> users are in that category. As such, I think we should not use
> Etherpad.

excuse me, i don't understand -
you mean - you are "freedom fighter" and don't like the epad?
or we shouldn't use it because "freedom fighter"s increasingly use it?

PS: to say - i just want to help this project, and in parallel - i'm
for concurrent editing in any systems from which is obviously
benefiting of it,
 i hope, soon, you'll see
why it's so amazing and productive.