[Freedombox-discuss] Rouge Freedomboxes and government intervention

Neophyte Representative neophyte.rep at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:11:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Jonas Smedegaard - dr at jones.dk wrote:
> On 11-06-22 at 04:43pm, Neophyte Representative wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Jonas Smedegaard - dr at jones.dk wrote:
>> > So due to violent regimes killing Karlas, you suggest we do not
>> > label a box helping Joannas making a silverlining of the cloud as
>> > "FreedomBox"?
>> >

>> Yes.
>>
>> I don't take The Ultimate Sacrifice lightly.  I'd MUCH prefer we have
>> those folks alive to help make progress.
>
> How?  By putting not yet stable stuff into early releases of FreedomBox?

I agree the ultimate extension of my logic is that only extremely
tested, stable components should be advertised as FreedomBox
components.  Given my understanding of The Ultimate Sacrifice, I
believe we owe Freedom Fighters nothing less.

What, Jonas, do you understand the phrase "The Ultimate Sacrifice"
means?  Do you understand any responsibility for allowing a false
sense of anonymity?