[Freedombox-discuss] Roadmap Brainstorming

Mathieu Jourdan mathieu.jourdan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 10:03:20 UTC 2011

2011/3/17 James Vasile <james at hackervisions.org>

> Friends,
>
> Using http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserRequirements/BrainStorm as a
> starting point, it's time to make some progress toward a roadmap.  Right
> now lots of people are dreaming of their ultimate fantasy FreedomBox
> that crusades for privacy, connects them to their your friends and
> resists censorship and network disruption.  In my mind, this box also
> spits flames and makes toast.
>
> At some point, we have to take a hard look at what we can actually do in
> a 1.0 release.  The first step toward that goal is to make a list of
> potential features.  I've started a list like that on the wiki.
>
> So tell me, what do you want this box to do?  Leave aside the *how* for
> now.  I'm trying to make a list of features that we can consider
> invidually at another time.  Once we have a large list of features,
> we'll systematically puzzle out which ones are feasible and which ones
> are too difficult/esoteric for us right now.
>
> I can't wait to see your ideas!  Add them at the wiki
> <http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserRequirements/BrainStorm> or add
> them to this thread.  I'll move ideas from email to the wiki as
> appropriate.
>
> Best regards,
> James

I made some mock-ups for the User Interface, which describes well what I
wish to be implemented in the FreedomBox.
I also added some of those points to the wiki.
You can have a look at : https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserInterface

My girlfriend told me it was ugly. Maybe it is, but it gives an idea of some
features from a non-technical point of view.

Regards,
Mathieu