[Freedombox-discuss] Some advice on moving Plinth forward?

Will Urbanski will at shakingrock.com
Wed Feb 15 12:47:31 UTC 2012

On 02/11/2012 02:53 AM, Daniel Bryan wrote:
> I love the idea of GPG for WebID, though that's a much deeper problem
> to solve than basic configuration so I reckon I'll leave something
> like that alone for the moment :)
>
> dyndns could be in the same boat, not sure.
>
> Getting Apache2 up and running with simple setup would be a huge win,
> but its configuration is notoriously complex so I don't feel
> comfortable trying to implement that first off.

The Apache config is no more complex than other alternatives. My concern
with apache is that it's a huge package and the FB is designed to run on
small, efficient computers. Why would we waste extra cycles running
Apache when we could use Nginx and get much better performance and a
smaller footprint?