[Freedombox-discuss] Diaspora becoming a community project

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:34:51 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Nick M. Daly <nick.m.daly at gmail.com>
>>
>> 0: http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Connections
>
> I'm leery of doing that, because my initial edit would be to remove all the sections
> that require the user to pay a third party in order to make the box "just work".

Understanding tends to lead to opportunity.  If we're to configure any
of these options for the user, we need to understand them well enough
to know how, so please don't remove the data altogether.  Moving it to
a "third-party-cooperation-required" section would be fine, though.

> As for "Peer (Friend-to-Friend) Proxying", "Scenario DNS Redirect",
> "Scenario Webproxy Redirect": are there extant services that provide the functionality
> described in these sections?

I'm unsure: further investigation is needed.