[Freedombox-discuss] Raspberry Pi Video Support

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 14:22:21 UTC 2014

On 05/06/2014 04:26 PM, Jurgen Gaeremyn wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I think I'm way out of my league when I try contributing to this
> page... can't help opening my mouth though...
>
> Please remember we're talking about RasPi here... running OwnCloud for
> a single user is already pulling this machine to its knees.
> If you'd start adding TOR, mailpile, etc... I'm assuming this would
> really start running really slow.

You can actually have a look at arkos (arkos.io) in its current state to
get a sense of how OwnCloud, Tor, et al perform together on a Raspberry
Pi.  The most recent revision includes the ability to run a mail
server-- it doesn't sound like the installation is easy for that yet but
you can at least get an idea of performance with a mailserver running.

-Jonathan