[Freedombox-discuss] New hardware: A20 OLinuXino MICRO and Lime2

Sunil Mohan sunil at medhas.org
Thu Nov 19 12:45:16 UTC 2015

On 11/19/2015 01:35 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
[...]
>> These devices are Open Source Hardware and are good considerations
>> right next to BeagleBone Black and Cubietruck.  They are attractively
>> priced too.
>
> Cubietruck is not OpenSource Hardware, I believe.
>
> While the Cubieboard developer "has been working with the sunxi
> community from the start", none of the Cubie boards provide source code
> for designing board wiring: https://linux-sunxi.org/Buying_guide

Yes, Cubietruck is not Open Source Hardware.  It is a good consideration
for us because of its free firmware (for our use case).

>> I could not perform tests on former due to poor power supply that I
>> have.
>
> Avoid USB as power source - it is not reliable.  Use the 5V power plug
> and/or a battery - the board can use both simultanously:
> https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A20-OLinuXino-LIME2#Power_supply_and_consumption

Thanks for the link.  The board refused to talk to me with USB power.
It blinked orange (low battery warning) with power given through 5V
power barrel.  My usual reliable 5V/2A power supply does not have the
right jack.  I will buy a new one or a conversion jack this weekend.

--
Sunil