[Freedombox-discuss] own cloud data folder change

Stacy Cockrum scockrum at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:51:19 UTC 2016

Can I mount that drive to the data folder that own cloud points to so I do
not have to
change anything in own cloud configuration?

Yes.  That's the configuration I'm using for a Raspberry Pi2 setup.  The
external partition is mounted at /var/lib/owncloud/data.  I had to make
sure www-data was the owner and group for all the directories and files.  I
also copied hidden files (.htaccess and .ocdata) to the root level of the
external partition.  Lastly, the partition was added to /etc/fstab, as
follows:

UUID=####       /var/lib/owncloud/data       ext4
auto,rw,suid,dev,exec,nouser,async      0       0

I originally attempted to change the directory in config.php to a different
directory but couldn't get it to work successfully.

Hope this makes sense.  This was my first experience with owncloud,
consequently, I don't know what the experience is if the partition had
existing files. I'm also a novice when it comes to this type of work.
Please excuse if my terminology is not correct.

-stacy