[Freedombox-discuss] 4th Amendment Troubles

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:30:51 UTC 2016

Hi Bill, thanks for writing in, it's always good to hear from our
insightful lurkers. :)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016, 16:26 Bill K. wrote:
> The federal government (in the US, anyways) is trying very hard to make
> it legal to break in to home computers (of domestic citizens) without
> warrants... how does this effect the future of the project?

This isn't a change: freedomboxen have been used overseas, and the packages
are the same worldwide. So, some boxes have been facing the same
adversaries that all boxes now face: anyone who decides that attacking
boxes is worth the investment. It's our job to make breaking boxes
financially irresponsible, which makes this thread even more important:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2016-June/007516.html

It does, however, lower my opinion of the government.

Nick

P.S. Hi list! I'm back again, as much as I ever am, until September
probably.