[Freedombox-discuss] 403 error when connecting from the outside. Also: Shaarli.

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Tue Nov 8 20:52:49 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 07:51:30PM +0100, permondes - sagen wrote:
>  I have been using Bookmarks (Shaarli) from the inside network for a
>  while now.  I haven't noticed anything to distinguish whether it is,
>  or should be (or not) accessible from the outside, so I assumed it would
>  be.
>
>    I don't have Shaarli running, as I am using the box based on Testing,
>    which does not include Shaarli.

It must be a leftover from the time the box was running unstable.  I
changed to testing shortly after the problem that prevented ssh access.

I could swear I was able to access Shaarli before, at the url
http://fbx/shaarli/ but now I only get a blank page, both with chromium and
firefox.  If I click on the "shaare link" button (that's only installed in
firefox) it calls up

http://fbx/shaarli/?do=login&post=<the long address to save>

And then it works fine.

But if I go to http://fbx/shaarli/?do=login
I do get the login page but then I invariably get "Wrong login/password"
when I type it in, and a blank page when I use the saved (in firefox)
login/password.  This is the same one that works in the line with the
post directive above.  Something strange is going on here...

>    I am using radicale for my calendar. It's been set up as described in the
>    wiki: [1]https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/Radicale (those entries
>    are from me).

Thanks.  I'll keep trying.  The immediate problem is that my data are in
a version of Kaddressbook and Korganizer that don't support
CalDav/CarDav.  I'll have to export and import into a newer version that
does, it looks like.

>    As you can see, I am using evolution (stable). After the calendar was set

I found this page:

http://radicale.org/user_documentation/#idcaldav-and-carddav-clients

That also has instructions for kde.  Unfortunately it also requires
Cal/CarDav.

>  Those are the 2 applications that are installed at this point.  I am now
>  thinking that maybe I need to provide the specific paths to the
>  applications but I can't test that now since I'm on the inside at the
>  moment.

Ok, did try that eventually and it didn't work.  Not even from the inside.
Of course from the inside I just got the blank screen.  I wonder if the
password issue is somehow related to having installed the letsencrypt
certificate.  Logically it shouldn't be related, but strenge things are
happening.

Incidentally, the duplicate entry for the internal LAN port in the
networks page went away after a reboot.

Augustine