[Freedombox-discuss] XMPP help?

dgj+lists at systemli.org dgj+lists at systemli.org
Fri Aug 25 23:43:35 UTC 2017

Thanks, Pierre.

> 5222+5269 TCP

TCP.

> Sometimes a reboot can solve automatic firewall configuration ?

I have rebooted a couple of times since installing ejabberd. No luck.

> I don't remember if XMPP is using self-signed certificate, or Let's
> Encrypt if it's generated ?
> May be self-signed... clients can be sad with this. I remember Tor
> messenger was able to accept the self-signed certificate, like Firefox
> confirmation.
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorMessenger
> (try with a Freedombox temporary/test account if you prefer ;)

EJabberd was (at least until Dec. 2016) using a self-signed certificate;
see
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2016-December/007744.html

Perhaps uninstalling or reinstalling ejabberd is one way forward but I
hate just to stab in the dark.

If it helps, the last several lines of /var/log/ejabberd/error.log are
the following:

2017-08-25 10:27:58.379 [error] <0.403.0>@eldap:connect_bind:1096 LDAP
connection failed:
** Server: localhost:389
** Reason: econnrefused
** Socket options:
[{packet,asn1},{active,true},{keepalive,true},{send_timeout,30000},binary]
2017-08-25 10:27:58.866 [error] <0.402.0>@eldap:connect_bind:1096 LDAP
2017-08-25 10:27:58.888 [error] <0.403.0>@eldap:connect_bind:1096 LDAP
connection failed:
** Server: localhost:389
** Reason: econnrefused
** Socket options:
[{packet,asn1},{active,true},{keepalive,true},{send_timeout,30000},binary]
2017-08-25 10:32:15.182 [error]
<0.62.0>@ejabberd_config:validate_opts:949 ignoring option
'ldap_servers' with invalid value: [localhost]

Best,
DJ