glibc 2.3.6 status

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Wed Dec 21 22:01:40 UTC 2005

Petr Salinger a écrit :
> Hi all.
>
> I can say that glibc-2.3.6 is ready for experimental testing in chroot.
> At least bash works ;-)
>
> Sources are located at svn.debian.org in glibc-bsd/trunk/glibc-2.3-head/
>
> Please, can you test what works and what fails ?

Very nice christmas present :) That's a big step for the port.

I don't have the time to check that now (I have to prepare my luggage),
but I have taken all the files on my laptop. I will try to make a patch
for the Debian glibc 2.3.5 package using your files, so that people can
easily test it. Also that is a first step to merge it in the official
package. I will start to contact Goto for that. I have already talked
with him at Debconf 5, and he basically agree to merge our patches. I
was very enthusiastic about the GNU/kFreeBSD port, so that should not be
a problem.

I think also that you could start to contact with upstream in order to
merge all the glibc stuff in upstream. I suppose they don't want a big
patch, so maybe it is a good idea to ask them how they want the patches.

Also note that I will be in holiday for a week (but I take my laptop
with me), with a very bad internet connection (14,4k). I think I will be
able to read a few selected mailing lists (including debian-bsd and
glibc-bsd :), and to submit patches.

Bye,
Aurelien

  `. `'   aurel32 at debian.org         | aurelien at aurel32.net