RFC: ABI break

Petr Salinger Petr.Salinger at t-systems.cz
Sat Dec 31 13:50:42 UTC 2005

> Some more information:
> I have added some debug printf() in Qt:
>   printf("this = %p\n", this);
>   readdir_r(dir, &u.mt_file, &file);
>   printf("this = %p\n", this);
>
> the this pointer becomes null after the call to readdir_r. We have a
> problem in the libc function.

There is some fix for sysdeps/unix/readdir_r.c in original
glibc-2.3/patches/ in 001_orig.diff. This is not included
in glibc-2.3-head/patches/.

Ideally someone with deep knowledge of original glibc-2.3
(Aurelien ? , Robert ?) could comment for each remaining patch
in trunk/glibc-2.3/patches/ whether should be included also
in glibc-2.3-head/patches/

already included:
-----------------
002_triplet_change.diff
004_no_nfs_h.diff
008_features.diff
011_libc0.1_abi_change.diff
015_export__end_symbol_for_brk.diff
016_sys_syslog.h.diff
020_linuxthreads.diff (partially)
021_resolver_socklen.diff
023_errlist.diff
025_queue_h.diff
026_pt-machine_h.diff

obsoleted:
----------
003_dl-load.diff
009_disable_threads.diff
014_resolver_ifreq.diff
020_linuxthreads.diff	(partially)
022_rpcgen.diff
024_glob_h.diff
027_regex_h.diff

to be (partially) decided:
001_orig.diff		(partially)
005_divdi3-lldiv.diff
010_sscanf_crap.diff   	(obsolete ?)
019_netinet_in_h.diff
020_linuxthreads.diff  	(may be fix for linuxthreads_db/td_thr_getgregs.c)

Happy New Year!

			Petr