[gopher] Small note on gopher support status on RoarAudio (and Audacious(DSTR))

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Thu Apr 28 10:28:58 UTC 2011

reflum,

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 21:28 -0700, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> >       * RoarAudio supports gopher (as client) using the so called
> >         VIO/DSTR API. Nearly everywhere the user is asked for a 'file'
> >         gopher URLs can be used (the cases where is is not possible are
> >         very special and can not use DSTR by design).
> >       * roard has a gopher server build in providing Status infos. You
> >         can also listen to music (monitor stream) using this interface.
> >       * roarmonhttp (included in roaraudio package) supports Gopher in
> >         inetd-mode.
> >       * Audacious has support for VIO/DSTR and uses it for Gopher. It
> >         can play files and streams directly via Gopher.
>
> Nice! I'd love to see an example in operation. Is there an example server
> up with a stream to listen to?

Are you on IRC? Can't do it too publicly because of german law. sorry.

> Also, there is the 's' sound meta item type, now that I think of it. Could
> that be extended with something to mark RoarAudio instead rather than using
> up R?

This mail does not have anything to do with my other mail about 'R'.
Same goes for Bradley D. Thornto as well: please resonde to the correct
thread.

The mail about 'R' is about linking RoarAudio resources from gopher.
This is about multimedia stuff using plain gopher protocol.

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)