[gopher] PyGopherd - PYG and executable help

Art art at poorcoding.com
Sun Jul 3 17:06:25 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to get executable gophermaps, shell scripts, etc. working in
pygopherd, not having much luck. I cannot find any documentation or help
online, and the example dict.pyg that came with pygopherd is pretty
incomprehensible to me (it doesn't run on python2.5 anyways).

I have also tried making standard shell and python scripts world executable.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Either a sample HelloWorld.pyg
(one that doesn't require modules like dictclient), or if anyone has managed
to get executable files to run, I would appreciate any pointers and
assistance.

Thanks & kind regards,

Art