[gopher] PyGopherd - PYG and executable help

Kim Holviala kim at holviala.com
Mon Jul 4 10:52:38 UTC 2011

On 2011-07-03 20:06, Art wrote:

> I’m trying to get executable gophermaps, shell scripts, etc. working in
> pygopherd, not having much luck. I cannot find any documentation or help
> online, and the example dict.pyg that came with pygopherd is pretty
> incomprehensible to me (it doesn’t run on python2.5 anyways).

<Shameless self-promotion>

You could *cough* *cough* switch to Gophernicus which comes with simple
examples for all of the above. Shell scripts are run from any directory
named /cgi-bin/ and gophermaps are executed if they're chmodded to 755
or similar.

gopher://gophernicus.org/1/software/gophernicus/server/

</Shameless self-promotion>

- Kim