[gopher] Gopher Live Stream Demonstration

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Mon Aug 20 19:06:35 UTC 2012

> Once again, OmniWeb does not seem to work. Floodgap proxy doesn't seem to
> work either in OmniWeb, Safari or Firefox. OverbiteFF does work.

OverbiteFF just pumps data to Firefox when it's in pass-through mode, but
the proxy reads in fixed chunks. Moreover, browsers using the proxy may be
waiting for the transaction to complete before rendering it, not expecting
that the data stream is "infinite." I suspect OmniWeb is doing the same.

-- What happens when you get scared half-to-death twice? ----------------------